The muggy summer days have subsided and the comfortable fall weather has rolled in. As people slow down and enjoy apple cider, pumpkin carving, football, and school events, there are some measures you should take around the house to prevent mold.
Leaves, rain, and other factors can make this time of the year a tricky one when it comes to mold prevention, which is why we are looking at five steps to help your home stay mold free.
By performing the simple steps below, you can protect your home from mold growth and save yourself from a widespread outbreak.
Follow these suggestions:
- Wash outdoor furniture and tools before storing them for the fall and winter. Make sure they are completely dry and as clean as possible before you put them away.
- Clean any fallen leaves out of your gutters. Leaves can hold and trap moisture, creating a prime environment for mold growth. The clogs can also cause water leaks that can seep into your home.
- Rake up the leaves that pile up around the exterior of your home. Much like keeping your gutters clean, this can prevent water from building up and running down into your home.
- Perform a quick inspection of the visible pipes in your home to make sure there are no unaddressed leaks.
- As always, run a fan or dehumidifier to keep the air moving and cut down on the humidity in your home. If warm weather extends into the season or returns from time to time, you can also open your windows to circulate air.
Contact Mold Medics
If you have mold in your home, contact our professionals here at Mold Medics. Our experienced team is trusted throughout the Pittsburgh region. We will come to your home, assess the issue, answer any questions, and provide you with a FREE quote. Then, our team will return on the agreed date to remove the mold from your home using our six-step process. Contact us online or by phone at 888-992-7947 to get started.