Seeing mold in your house can be quite a surprise; however, there is no need to press the ‘panic button’ if it hasn’t spread too far. You can get rid of mold and keep your family safe from the health hazards it presents.
How Do You Stay Safe?
Before getting near the mold, you will want to suit up. You should wear long rubber gloves and eye protection to avoid getting mold particles on your skin.
You will want to mask up, too. An N-95 respirator, just like the ones people were encouraged to wear during the pandemic, will do the trick. This will keep you from breathing in mold.
Once you are finished cleaning up the mold, be sure to change your clothes due to their exposure to mold spores.
We recommend using 3% hydrogen peroxide to treat any mold located on a solid surface.
You should use a spray bottle to cover the mold completely. Once that’s finished, wait for up to 10 minutes before scrubbing the surface with a rag or a brush. If the area is not completely clean, just repeat the process again.
If you want to use another product as your main cleaning ingredient, there are plenty of options:
- Tea Tree Oil
- Baking Soda and Water
- Grapefruit Extract with Water
The main way to prevent mold from growing in your home is to maintain steady airflow. There are actually simple steps you can take to accomplish this, like running fans, using a dehumidifier, and opening windows. These basic measures can make a huge difference when it comes to mold growth in your home.
Calling in the Experts
If you need the mold in your home removed professionally, we can help! Call us today for a free consultation. One of our experts will come up with a plan specifically for your situation. For more details on our environmentally-friendly services and great rates, click here.