In a thoughtful attempt to help protect his wife, who is highly sensitive to mold, a customer of ours decided he would take matters into his own hands. They discovered mold was growing on the dirt flooring of the crawl space located underneath their kitchen. He first solved the issue causing the growth, a water leak within the crawl space. He then used a garden rake to try and reach inside the crawl space and rake all the mold-infected dirt out. Not only was he unable to remove the mold completely, but unfortunately, he also became ill due to his lack of protective gear. The symptoms spread to some of his family members, and they agreed they need to consult the experts at Mold Medics for help properly removing the rest of the mold.
These types of situations can quickly become dangerous if not handled properly. It is essential that anyone looking to remediate mold or other hazardous materials consults with a professional beforehand – even if they plan on doing the work themselves – to ensure that it is done safely and correctly. This includes taking proper safety measures such as wearing gloves, masks, respirators, and other PPE items; as well as researching the correct methods for cleaning any contaminated areas so as not to spread it further throughout your home or business.