Mold Medics & COVID-19:
Operation & Policy Updates
A Short Video Overview of Our Policy Updates
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of everyone in our community; current or past customers, our employees and everyone in between. We understand that the rapidly evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) can be unnerving, with new information coming to light daily, and even hourly. We are closely monitoring these real-time developments and looking to experts such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (local government) for guidance. For the time being Mold Medics doors are still open, and we will continue to serve families and businesses by making their indoor environments safer and contaminant free.
As of March 19th, Governor Wolf has ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations to slow the spread of COVID-19. As of March 23rd, Remediation based services are classified, and continue to be classified, as essential life sustaining businesses to the community and are allowed to remain open. As of December 11th, we still remain open classified as an essential life sustaining businesses. We agree with this assessment, and are choosing to keep operating for the time being. The importance of Mold Remediation and Home Disinfection is more prevalent than ever due to the amount of time families are staying in their homes. We work with families and businesses whose health is actively affected by contaminants such as mold daily, and if left untreated for long enough it could permanently affect their health. Until such a time we’re told to close our doors, we will continue to serve these families and businesses in the Pittsburgh area.
We’re not taking this matter lightly, and want to ensure you that steps have been taken to ensure the safety of both our employees and our clients during this time:
- We are practicing Social Distancing by restricting the amount of direct contact between the client and our team
- We will be offering the option to have your home or business remotely walked through, or assessed, by our team of experts
- Continuing our practices of electronic contracts
- All of our office staff has been moved to work from home, and shifting all in person meetings have been replaced with conference calls and video conferencing
- At the start of a job, and at the end of it, our team will disinfect the entire work area to ensure it is safe to work in
- We are wiping all equipment and vehicles down with disinfectant multiple times a day; as well as disinfecting the common areas daily of our office
- Technicians are washing their hands as frequently as possible, and using disinfectant when hand washing is not possible
- We’re continuing to use Personal Protection Equipment while treating homes and businesses. Equipment like…
- P100 Face Masks and Full Face Respirators
- Disposable Coverall Safety suit
- Disposable rubber gloves
Rest assured, we’ll continue to monitor the situation closely. We highly recommend that you also visit Coronavirus.gov and PA’s Guide to COVID-19 to learn more. The CDC and our local government have compiled everything you’ll ever need, and want, to know about the current situation there. They also are updating these sites daily with news and changes to guidelines. We appreciate your trust in us and will continue to do everything within our power to help families navigate this uncertain time. Please know that we are here if you need us.
Tim Swackhammer; Owner of Mold Medics